Portable Air Purifier
The air inside any building, home, or office, can contain more harmful pollutants than the air outside. Toxic pollutants include dust, bacteria, mold, and even fumes from man-made substances. Baikal Mechanical air filters capture 99 – 97% of airborne pollens. That means less pollen, dust, and other particles floating through the rooms into your lungs.
Portable air purifier 500
BKL-AP-500-110-1-1 can draw up to 500 cubic feet of air per minute through a 99.97% HEPA filter.
This unit is an in-room recirculating air purifier. The unit is portable, plugs into a standard 120 volt outlet, and includes a multispeed control switch to maintain the desired airflow.
Portable air purifier 1000
BKL-PHF-110-1-2 can draw up to 1000 cubic feet of air per minute through a 99.97% HEPA filter.
This unit can act as an in-room recirculating air purifier or it can be configured to exhaust filtered air from negatively pressurized isolation areas. The unit is portable, plugs into a standard 120 volt outlet, and includes a multispeed control switch to maintain the desired airflow.
Turn to the experts at Baikal Mechanicals
Breathe Easy: A Portable Air Purifier Primer
No one can argue that living beings need clean air to survive. Poor air quality can and will have serious negative effects on human health, safety, and comfort. Unfortunately, air quality all over the world has worsened in the last few decades due to industrialization and climate change, among other factors.
If you are outdoors, take a deep breath and see what happens. Chances are, you cannot wait to go indoors to get away from all this bad air.
Bad News: Indoor Air is Worse
Here are some not so fun facts:
- Indoor air is 2 to 5 times more polluted than outdoor air.
- Indoor air quality is only getting worse due to synthetic building materials and furnishings, harmful ingredients in personal care and household cleaning products, and energy-efficient building construction.
The worst part is that people spend roughly 90% of their time indoors. In addition, those who are more prone to the negative effects of polluted air such as very young children and the elderly spend even more time indoors.
What Can We Do? Luckily, there are machines that can help when you find it difficult to breathe or if you just want to ensure that you are breathing in good, clean air. These machines are even portable!
Portable air purifiers are these incredibly nifty machines promise to reduce and eliminate many airborne allergens, animal dander, dust mites, pollen, mold, and other pollutants.
What Exactly is a Portable Air Purifier?
A small portable air purifier is a typically freestanding unit, usually weighing 10 to 20 lbs. This makes them transportable by hand and can be placed anywhere in the room. These small air cleaning devices are used in indoor spaces and are designed to filter the air and reduce airborne particles and pollutants in the said space.
How Do Portable Air Purifiers Work?
A portable air purifier uses an array of internal fans to pull the air from inside the space. Once inside the unit, the air is moved through a series of filters whose job is to remove and trap harmful pollutants and other particles. The air purifier then pushes the cleaned air back into the indoor space. The process is repeated countless times during the day to keep the indoor air quality of the room at optimal levels.
Portable air purifiers remove the pollutants in the air through any of these four ways:
- Mechanical Filtration – Portable personal air purifiers with mechanical filtration systems remove pollutants by drawing the air inside the unit, passing it through the filters, and pushing the cleaned air back into the indoor space.
- Air Washing – Some portable air purifiers use water to capture and trap air pollutants.
- Electrostatic Precipitation – Portable ac air purifiers that use an electrical field to charge air pollutants to trap them and separate them from the air. The particulates are then stored in collector plates.
- Negative Ion Generation – Some new portable ionic air purifiers work like electrostatic precipitators. However, they make the pollutants stick to other surfaces instead of storing them on collector plates.
Why You Need a Portable Air Purifier?
Here are just some of the benefits of having a portable air purifier for your indoor space.
- It helps improve your health. Consistent exposure to airborne pollutants can cause short- and long-term respiratory issues. Because it is designed to get rid of these pollutants, you can be assured of better respiratory health.
- cleans indoor air. Experts estimate that indoor air is 2 to 5 times (or more!) more polluted than outdoor air. An air purifier cleans the air for the health and comfort of the occupants.
- It removes bad odors, neutralizes smoke, trap dust. This gizmo does not only clean the air; it also helps get rid of bad odors from cooking or from other sources. It can also trap smoke and dust before it settles in your upholstery, curtain, and other surfaces.
- It traps airborne allergens originating from pets. Dogs, cats, and the other furry members of our family are lovable, but they are also sources of allergens like dander, hair, etc. A small portable air purifier can trap these allergens, as well.
- It removes bacteria, germs, and allergens. Harmful bacteria, germs, and allergens like molds, mildew, spores, pollen, and more float around in the air. Portable air purifiers can trap them and prevent many illnesses.
- It fits everywhere. Portable personal air purifiers are portable and handy. You can bring them anywhere and can fit any room in the house.
Indoor air can be just as, if not more, polluted than the air outdoors. Thankfully, you can breathe easy and remove pollutants from the air with a portable air purifier.